Public Works

The Department of Public Works is responsible for the management of the Town Hall, Highway Department, Transfer Station, Maintenance Garage, Engineering, the Water Pollution Control facilities, and many other support needs of our fellow departments.


4.22.24  Please find the Municipal Stormwater Permit 2023 update (MS4) and Annual Report 

Click here to fill out a Public Works Form to Address Public Concerns

The Public Works office staff responds to requests for resident services and related repairs, as well as issuing and collecting fees for solid waste permits, driveway and excavation permits, and prepares reimbursements for State grants administered through the Public Works Department.

Please see Permits & Licenses for information and fees on excavation permits and special disposal permits.  Free Permit stickers can be obtained at the Public Works Department, located at Town Hall, 80 Main Street, for use at both the Transfer Station and the Brush/Leaf Facility.  Proof of registration and license is required to obtain a permit sticker.  Applicants must be Plymouth/Terryville residents and the vehicle must be registered in town.  The vehicle cannot be a commercial vehicle and cannot be registered to a business or have a company logo. 

Please see Plymouth Ordinances for sections that pertain to Public Works such as:
Duty to remove ice from sidewalks 14-1. | Deposit of snow on streets 14-2 | Excavation 14-26 to 14.31| Sight lines 14.79 - 14.81 | Street trees 14.92 to 14.98 | WPCA 16-1 to 16.43

Link to Prevailing wage BID pack documents to PRINT. All required documents are combined into one .pdf file, or you can visit the State Department of Labor website to see/print each document separately.

Quick Links
General Information
Carl Johnson
Phone Numbers
Fax: 860-585-4067
Emergencies: Dial 911
80 Main Street

Monday through Thursday
8:00am - 5:00pm
8:30am - 12:00pm